The Atlantic Initiative in Bosnia and Herzegovina (www.atlantskainicijativa.org) in co-operation with Geneva Center for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces – DCAF (www.dcaf.ch) is currently seeking a full time
Project Officer- Location: Sarajevo
The Gender and Justice Reform in BiH project aims to increase the capacities of judges and prosecutors in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) to effectively integrate gender into their procedures and practices and to deliver non-discriminatory justice services. It also seeks to strengthen the role of women in the justice sector, in particular at the decision-making level. It is hoped that as a result of the project, equal access to justice for women and men, boys and girls is facilitated and the number of women in leading positions in the judiciary in BiH at all levels (state, cantonal and municipal) is increased.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that all project activities are conducted in a timely manner as stipulated in the project concept notes and agreed with the Atlantic Initiative and DCAF.
- Organize and co-facilitate stakeholder meetings, roundtable discussions, trainings and workshops.
- Support the research components of the project including organisation and co-facilitation of focus group discussions, individual interviews, background research and policy analysis.
- Organise training on relevant topics, such as strategic planning, fundraising, project management and leadership.
- Provide regular reports to the President of the Atlantic Initiative and to the DCAF representative on the status of the project.
- Perform other tasks, as requested.
Professional and academic qualifications
The post of project officer requires the following professional and academic qualifications:
- University degree in the social sciences (preferably a Masters degree);
- At least 3 years of proven experience in project coordination, including project planning, design and monitoring and evaluation.
- Sound knowledge on gender and security sector reform in BiH.
- Sound ability to write and communicate in English.
If you are interested in this position please send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th January 2012, quoting “Project officer” in your email subject.
The interviews will take place in the period 24th – 27th January 2012.